ASSIGNMENT 5

ASSIGNMENT 5, TASK 2 SCRIPT NOTES :

Content Marketing is an integral pursuit in any businesses marketing strategy. 
In Task one of this Assignment I created a presentation showcasing how four different businesses, involved in the travel industry, use content marketing.
Looking at the first example, I used the surf travel company Ratu Motu, which is actually the name of the vessel that sails you through your desired location on the Indonesian archipelago.
The Ratu Motu website is quite a visually attractive website to the consumer who is researching this type of holiday. The homepage consists of some amazing full size images of the boat, the surf, the surrounds & the people. There is also some images from their Instagram page with a link to it, where you can also view a little promotional video they’ve produced.
The only negative point I found about their content marketing strategy was that their SEO ranking was quite low, compared to their competitions, which is a major flaw in any online businesses strategy.
The Ski Express New Zealand website is a ski travel website that provides consumers the opportunity to purchase ski / snowboarding packages in New Zealand.
Unlike Ratu Motu, Ski Express has invested some energy into creating a high SEO ranking, as a google search using keywords such as SKI PACKAGES NEW ZEALAND brings their website up on Page 1. 
Visually, the content used on the website is ok & functional, but lacks some flare in my opinion.
All the packages are presented well & the specifics of each package are clear & concise for the consumer.
There are also links to their Blog, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter accounts where the consumer will find more content to research.
Overall, in my opinion this is a well rounded, content rich website for the services they’re offering.
Trip Advisor is currently the biggest online travel destination & accomadation website in the United States, it also maintains a global presence with users from Europe to the Pacific, but it’s main source of revenue is generated from consumers in North America.
The business model is based on Advertising & the companies revenue is generated mostly from a click-based system & transactions in it’s hotel business segment.
Trip Advisor has strong SEO & ranks very high on Google, in my opinion Trip advisor is a content rich, behemoth of an online travel business with the credentials to crush any of it’s competitors.
The last business I chose for my presentation was The Indie Travel Podcast which is a travel related podcast run by Craig & Linda Martin. I used their Tokyo podcast in my presentation.
Looking at this podcast from a content marketing perspective, I’d have to say it’s pretty weak compared to the other three businesses I researched. 
SEO wise, the site ranks quite low amongst its competitors with a keyword search only bringing it up on page two of Google.
The website itself is a little convoluted & confusing. The content is there, but it I found that it doesn’t really captivate me the way it should.
Overall, I think they could definitely apply a new template to the site & work on the SEO ranking to gain more traffic from consumers.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my video pitch on content marketing in the online travel industry,
Thanks,

Angus.


Link to presentation document on Slideshare:

Link to video pitch :

Comments

Popular Posts